Search This Blog

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Gail what have you done now???

Friday morning I awoke to my friend Gail dropping by on her way to her brothers funeral. I have known Gail for a few years and she has been a big help to me at times. We met online and we have a lot of the same interests. she came down to my house in October of 2008 to visit for a few days and ended up spending a week. I am glad tho that she came because I had a customer come in with curtains and she helped me cut and hem them. I tease her all the time about it because she was so particular about her work and she was very picky at the way I sewed them. Thank goodness we got it done tho. You have to love her even if we have differences about things.
Gail loves to garden too and she brought me some plants and I did not know what they were until she called me yesterday from her sisters home and I found out that she gave me black berry bushes and strawberry plants. I still have not figured out where t plant them. I think she will like what i have done to my flower bed when she gets back here on her way home. She had to drive Arkansas for the funeral and it is a seven hour drive back home for her. so she said she will stop here and rest before she goes home. I will be glad to see her since I have not seen her since last June.
When she woke me up she said she had a few things for me never did I realize that my yard looked like I was having a yard sale! there was boxes of clothes, books, dishes and a lot of other items. Gail is a pack rat if there is one. she has more stuff than anyone I know. I think she gave me just a tiny bit of what she has in her house. I for sure have no room for anything as I am living in close quarters right now. and trying to get rid of things I no longer use or need. I just hope when she comes by there is no more surprises like more clothes I don't need. One thing I really liked that she sent to me when I opened my shop was a set of sewing books that I have referred back to many times and they have been a big help to me.
Gail is a person that loves to help every one and will go out of her way to do it.
I think she is not appreciated by her grown children like she should be and they need to love her for what she is, a good person.
Gail came over today after going to her brothers funeral and when she stopped
in to see me she had this chest freezer strapped to the top of her car! Now I know when I have had to move before I have had to put things on top of my car but to travel with a chest freezer on top for 1,000 miles is way to crazy!!! To make matters even worse it is a rental car not hers. She is always looking to help someone but she needs to take care of herself first. I worry about her and hope she will be okay. One thing for sure she needs to stop these crazy ideas she gets when traveling .

No comments:

Post a Comment