Search This Blog

Monday, May 10, 2010

Weddings and proms



I did not realize the month of April had slipped by so fast and now we are into May. some of the schools have already had their proms and there are a few that will have them this weekend and next weekend. Graduation for our high school is on the 15Th of May. Then the following week the school will be out for the summer.
It seems like the weddings are in full bloom and I have been working on some dresses for 2 weddings One of the brides dress has a lot of lace on the bottom of the dress and is very pretty. The other one is an antique and very elegant and reminds me of the Jackie Kennedy look. I wish the best for both brides and I know that their weddings will be perfect.
I have had a lot of prom dresses to alter and some of the girls have traded dresses which is a good idea and saves money for them too. I know one dress I made has been real popular with the girls in my daughters class and I was asked to make several dresses. So I have been busy sewing and it has been no picnic dealing with picky mothers and daughters that want it low cut and show most of their cleavage while their moms don't want that. Anyway we made it through the fittings and every one was happy which is what counts the most.
I can remember those days when my mom liked something that I didn't and we would argue but she always won. Or she would give in and then I would later realize she was right.

No comments:

Post a Comment