Search This Blog

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sewing on a day to nice to be inside

It was 78 degrees here today and I went and almost finished my flower bed. I say almost because I need a few more flowers to plant and then I had a customer come in and needed a dress altered for a dinner she is going to on Tuesday. So i started on her dress and when i finished it i decided to get caught up on my other clothes that my kids have been asking me to fix for them. Then I started working on the wedding dress I have been altering now all I have left on that is the hem. then I will start on the brides maids dresses. I love to sew and I like it when I can make nice things for family and friends sometimes I go over board and make a lot of items when getting ready for a craft show and it seems like I will have a lot of items left over then some one will call that needs a gift or something for their kids and I have it for them.
My daughter Megan helps me make the table center pieces we sell at Christmas time and she is not a person that likes to sew she does not even want to to learn. I can't complain she is my yard sale buddy we love going and hunting for bargains . My son likes yard sales too but going with a 15 year old sometimes is nerve racking when he wants to go when I am still looking at items.
Last year we went to a sale and bought a lot of material and sewing items and got really good bargains. i even found thread that was new and never used. it helps a lot when your operating your own business and you find fantastic buys like this. I watch all the time for sales and see if there is anything I can use for my shop. I have even picked up baskets that we have made center pieces with and sold in craft shows. A lot more people have been going to garage sales with the economy like it is i am betting even the rich will be yard sailing,

No comments:

Post a Comment